Minecraft PE 0.10.0 is now avaliable for download at all platform stores. While Minecraft PE 0.10.0 isn’t the next big release that we were hoping for, surprisingly, it brings a number of improvements to the game that we’ve been waiting for. Here’s the full changelog:
- Upgraded the rendering system to use OpenGL ES 2.0 (coming from 1.1), using OpenGL 3.0 where available.
- Ported tinted lighting from the PC edition.
- Ported the round fog from PC.
- Some performance increase on most devices.
- Mesa biome have gold at every height and can spawn mine shafts on the surface.
- Added dust particles falling from unstable Dirt and Sand.
- Added more wood types for fences and gates.
- Added a tweak-able brightness (gamma) setting to adjust the darkness of dark terrain.
- iOS Added a 64-bit build for compatible iOS devices.
- New double-sided lighting on entities and clouds that’s more coherent with the terrain.
- Enabled mipmaps on Android devices supporting GLES 3.0.
- New water shader.
- Water is now brownish in swamps.
- Faster rebuilding of chunks.
- Added smooth lighting on water and smooth color transitions.
- Huge mushrooms now spawn in swamps.
- Ignore swipes from outside the screen so exiting fullscreen/activating Command Center doesn’t turn the view.
- The selection overlay on vines/tall grass now has the correct shape.
- Added a selection overlay on Chests and Signs.
- The error messages when a World can’t be opened are now more informative about what happened.
- Enabled Day/night cycle in Creative.
- Fixed a crash when rendering Mob Spawners.
- iOS Fixed freezing when receiving a notification/showing the Command Center.
- iOS Fixed a crash/memory leak happening when showing the system keyboard – signs and the chat.
- Android fixed a corruption and possible crash when switching apps.
- Fixed the “spawning in the air” bug.
- Fixed a crash when creating lava during world generation.
- Water now pushes things!
- Fixed a white artifact on torches held in hand.
- Fixed holes appearing in the clouds.
- Fixed a brown artifact appearing on the bottom of Minecarts.
- Fixed a random crash in multiplayer.
- Fixed a possible crash when selecting double chests.
- The time of day is now more accurately synced in multiplayer.
So there you have it, go grab the update from your favorite app store today!
Must Read: Exclusive Interview with AntVenom
How many of you play on Pocket Edition? Let us know in the comments below!
If you want to see more like this, make sure you follow us onTwitter and Facebook
Hey Gearcrafters! Now It's your chance to share with us, just hashtag #YoGearcraft on your Twitter post with a link or image to your art, creations, videos, servers or whatever and it will appear right on our #YoGearcraft page for millions to see! It’s that easy! So what are you waiting for!? Give us a shout out #YoGearcraft!