No, it’s not Minecraft 1.9, sadly. What Minecraft 1.8.4 is, however, is a security update, designed to patch some of the bugs and issues that could have compromised Minecraft’s security.
What this means, is that the update doesn’t do much for players, but it’s important for servers. Therefore, you should download it.
Minecraft 1.8.4 Security Release
We have released a new version of Minecraft 1.8, called 1.8.4, which is now available for download in your launcher. This release fixes a few reported security issues, in addition to some other minor bug fixes & performance tweaks.
This version is fully compatible with all previous 1.8 versions, but it is still highly recommend to update to 1.8.4 as soon as possible.
- [Bug MC-46771] – Pets follow spectator
- [Bug MC-61758] – Vines no longer spread correctly in corners
- [Bug MC-68642] – Certain characters cannot be typed on certain keyboard layouts (“AltGr” behaving like “Ctrl”)
- [Bug MC-73504] – Nether portals place players in front of the portal
- [Bug MC-78495] – Duplicating items
- [Bug MC-79079] – Malicious clients can force a server to freeze
- [Bug MC-79612] – Malicious clients can force a server to go out memory
- [Bug MC-78020] – User (formerly known as olduser) has joined shows multiple times
Report bugs here:
Download server jar: