Mojang has recently announced more information about Minecon. Tickets are going to be £129 ($192 USD at time of writing), and will go on sale on the 27th and 28th of March.
Here’s the entire press release
I know it’s taken a bit of time to get everything ready, but we are now able to announce ticket sales for MINECON 2015 which will be in London on July 4-5! We’ll be selling tickets online at minecon.mojang.com on Friday March 27th and Saturday March 28th. As always, if you attend MINECON you’ll also get a fancy new cape! There’s a lot of information below but please read it if you plan on purchasing tickets, it’s all important.
Here’s how it will work:
– Tickets will be £129 each
– Tickets will only be sold at minecon.mojang.com, and they will be sold through Eventbrite
– 5,000 tickets will go on sale at 6pm GMT (that’s London time) on Friday, March 27, 2015
– 5,000 additional tickets will go on sale at 12pm noon GMT on Saturday, March 28, 2015
– You will be able to purchase up to 6 tickets on one order
– You will need the name of EACH person you are buying a ticket for at the time you purchase tickets, you’ll need to enter these details to complete your order.
– Tickets cannot be resold and are non-transferrable, the person whose name is on the ticket at the time of purchase is the person who will be admitted to MINECON
– When you book your ticket you will also be able to book a hotel afterwards, we have hotel rooms blocked off and you will get our discounted rates
– Any child aged 3 and under will be admitted for free. Children aged 14 or under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and both the child and adult need to purchase a ticket. Young people 15 years and over are allowed to attend the event alone as long as they have a ticket.
Some frequently asked questions:
Q. What will there be to do/see/enjoy at MINECON?
A. We will have tons of panels, lots of exhibitors showing off cool things they are doing with Minecraft, and a bunch of interactive attractions during the event. Saturday night there will also be a party for everyone who attends MINECON. For some ideas of what happens at MINECON see the YouTube videos from our last one.
Q. Will there be a costume contest this year?
A. Absolutely! We love having people show off their creativity when it comes to their Minecraft costumes. There will be prizes and accolades for the best of the best. Here is a video of our costume contest from the last MINECON.
Q. Can I sell my ticket to someone else if I can’t attend?
A. Nope! You can request a refund and those tickets we will resell at a later date! This will keep it as fair as possible.
Q. How can I volunteer to be a MINECON Agent?
A. Each year our MINECON Agents help make MINECON possible, it’s a huge event and couldn’t happen without them! If you want to volunteer, head over and fill out this form. If you’re chosen you will not need to purchase a MINECON ticket!
Q. Can I buy a MINECON ticket just to get the fancy cape?
A. We want all tickets to go to people who will come and enjoy the event, so only people who come to MINECON will get their cape. When you arrive, we scan your ticket, and only scanned tickets will get a cape.
Q. I’m taking my daughter/son/nephew/neighbor to MINECON but I’m an adult and don’t play Minecraft, do I need a ticket for myself as well?
A. Yes you do! We have players of all ages and we have events and things to do for everyone (even a bunch of cool panels for parents of Minecrafters) so all attendees will need to purchase a ticket.
Q. I have an awesome idea for a panel!
A. Well that’s not a question, but soon you’ll be able to submit panel ideas, and maybe yours will be chosen!
Q. What if I miss out on tickets or can’t make it all the way to London?
A. Worry not! We will have an amazing live stream that will run during the entire convention. We’ll be streaming the opening and closing ceremonies, as well as some of the coolest panels! Information on the live stream will be announced before the event. Afterwards, all the panels will be uploaded to our YouTube channel, as well as some videos we make capturing some of the fun of the event.
There will be more information at minecon.mojang.com before tickets go on sale, so if you have a question you didn’t see answered here you can tweet at me and I’ll try to include it on the site.
Hopefully the provisions about not being able to resell the tickets will help curb scalping.
Check out http://minecon.mojang.com/ for more information as Mojang breaks it.